Sunday, April 25, 2010

Stress on Synthesis paper topic

When i recieved the last assignment i had a few ideas on what i thought i wanted to write on. The first things that popped in my head was the car culture of my dad's GTO. But i am not really a car person, and my father wouldnt of made for a good interview. Second i thought the history of my boyfriends Grandma name Tracey. But i think i would of been overwhelmed and had a hard time with all of her artifacts, letters and information because their is so much. Then on class thursday i was thinking Skydiving, Planned Parenthood or the John Michael Kohler Art Center. Today i am thinking Small Business Entrepreneurs. I have no idea what i am excited about researching.

As more days go by, I tend to stress at night with my mind wondering with questions. All weekend at work i ask friends about ideas on subcultures to research but dont catch anything of much interest. I posted a question on facebook and someone told me to research stress and the ways people handle or deal with it. Again i don't know. You would think something great would of popped in my head and grabbed my attention.
Maybe i need to pick one of the ideas i had originally come up with.

My problem always seems to be picking a topic and getting started. I constantly stress each day that i dont have a topic. I'm starting to feel like i'm not a good researcher or writer. Why is it so difficult to get in the right mind set? Why do i feel so overwhelmed and stressed?

I know eventually i will get on track. I just hope it's sooner than later. I wish i could contol my anxiety/ stress and Chill Out!! Good thing i have plenty of time to get organized, focus, and concentrate on the task at hand.

2 comments:

  1. lols I'm stressed about this paper too! xP You're not the only one running out of ideas to write about. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that it can be stressful to choose a topic. There are so many questions about where the topic will lead and that can become overwhelming. The beginning stages of writing are always the most stressful for me. My mind is always preoccupied with the next stages and that prevents me from actually getting through the first. I think that any of the topics you have listed above have the potential to be very interesting and something that you could enjoy researching. My advice would be to just get through this stage and pick one. Put all of them in a hat if you have to, but just pick one. No matter what you choose I know that you can make it interesting Kim. If you want a suggestion, I like the Planned Parenthood topic :) If you choose the John Michael Kohler Art Center I have a few friends that work there (possible interview subjects). I would be happy to help in any way I can.

    ReplyDelete